Saturday, January 19, 2008

Republicism has become Passe

It no longer takes sending a man on horseback to Washington to represent my vote.
Nor do I need a rich lawyer to give me a stump speech in order to inform me on the merits of any national issue.

I can get myself fully educated in domestic affairs and foreign policy over the internet and then put my finger on the computer key and cast my vote instantly.

If we do this nationally it will mean the end of; representative government; party politics; corporate lobbying; pork-barrel spending; congressional grid-lock; millionaire candidates.

In short: A vastly expensive, wasteful and antiquated election and voting system, which once served us reasonably well, is now clearly redundant and can go into history.

All those who say aye to this initiative, vote here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It isn't an initiative, only a comment. You will have to rephrase it. But the sentiment is perfectly fine.

AYE.

I'll deliver it to Washington on horseback for you, but a good common-sense vote in the elections would be appreciated as well.