Thursday, March 12, 2009

Dogma

I have two female friends
I like them both
for they are sincere in their beliefs

One is deeply religious
a devout believer in God
and life hereafter
She believes in the Holy Scriptures
to the letter.

The other is firmly scientific
a complete atheist
who will argue relentlessly
that there is no such thing as God
or any life after death
and lives a life devoted to empiricism

If I was to marry
seeking someone
only to be a mother and housewife
I would marry the religious
knowing that she would be a loyal wife
and loving mother.

If I was to marry someone
only seeking a practical partner in the business of life
I would marry the scientist
knowing that she would be a reasonable wife
and encouraging mother

But in free choice
I would marry neither
for both are fixed in dogma
and have no mind of their own

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.