Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Capitalist Leech

The Madoff Scam

MagnetMan wrote:
Invest a a million bucks with me and I wll guarentee to send you back $100,000 in interest every year for the next nine years. After that don't call me, I'll call you.Oh! And tell your Jewish friends about the sweet deal I am offering.Apprently this is just the tip of the next capitalist iceberg to begin melt-down. I hope all capitalists have got a life boat.

Wilsonsd2002 wrote:
I am not ready to give up capitalism because when I try to think of better economic systems and I take different systems to their logical conclusions, they end up with bigger problems then the ones I tried to fix in the first place.The thing about capitalism is that it's been around for a long time and a lot of flaws within the system have been corrected over the years.

MagnetMan wrote:
200 years of capitalist scams led to the Great Depression of '29/'33 Another 75 years of capitalist scams has led to the coming Depression of '09/'12. If you keep doing the same thing over and over again and expect a different result each time that, as the saying goes, is insane.

Wilsonsd2002 wrote:
If we changed our economic system it would be like starting from scratch and there wouldn't be any guarantee that the new system would ever be better than the one we have.

MagnetMan wrote:
If I ran my family estate the way capitalists have run America over the past two centuries I woud deserve to be pillaried by my descendents as a scoundral and wasteral.
99% of wooded land gone.
Millions of buffalo dead.
The water table of evey city poisoned.
The soil of every farm poisoned.
The air poisoned.
All the spare cash gone up in gambling smoke.
The entire infrastructure crumbling.
Future generations deep in debt.

Want me to go on?

I have laid out plans for a better mouse trap on several threads, and it did not take a rocket scientist to do it. Any asshole could do better. Capitalism has turned out to be the greatest blood-sucking leech of all time, with tentacles reaching across the globe. Worse, its a terminal disease. at least the leech lets go when it is sated.