Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Man & Beast - A Shared Consciounsess

There is no way that I can detect in the following video on UTUBE that it may be faked in any way.
It it is true then it radically alters our consciousness as regard our human relationship with Mother Nature.
The execution of the drawing you are about to see is as thoughtful, spiritual and masterful as anything a Picasso could produce.
It reveals a consciousness that, in essence, is no different from ours.
There are no words I can use to describe the impact it has had on my psyche.
In the space of ten minutes it has altered my entire world view.
Just for starters, from a personal behavioral aspect it has immediately and radically altered my own attitude towards eating the flesh of any animal. I have suddenly and irrevocably become a vegetarian.
I now feel that commercial animal slaughter it is akin to murder, mass genocide in fact.
I would be greatly interested to know if it strikes anybody else the same way.



[quote] In my opinion the trainer is the one who directs the painting, not the elephant. Whether the elephant understands that it's painting an elephant is hard to say, it likely does not understand. Some dogs look at televisions and see a blur, some will bark at other dogs they see on television.
.

Here is a critique from my brother. He has been a professional artist and set designer in Hollywood for the past twenty years.

The amazing thing about the elephant's art, is that she drew it from an abstract single line starting from the trunk to the hind foot, inclined for perspective of it's elevation from the ground. Then repeated that incline again for the forefoot on the same side, The flower was incredible. Two daubs of paint, red on the tip and yellow on the body of the brush and she fan painted the flower head floating in space with a 'hot' center ... the whole image is a romantic ballet ... a dancing elephant. Divine inspiration? Perhaps, but one thing for certain, she painted like a pro ... no different than Picasso. Express the line ... fill in the details.


If any person wants to decide that all of that technique was accomplished by a mahout pulling on an elephant's ear and that the animal had little to do with it, you are entirely free to do so. What I do know from my art classes is that it is incredibly difficult to get a bunch of artistically inept, analytically indoctrinated intellectuals to accomplish anything that remotely approaches art. That elephant class did just that. And if anybody does not find that reaching into the depths of their psyche then I am indeed sorry for the heartfelt numbness of our specie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These elephants are representative of what we (man) are missing through assuming.............oh the folly of man!!

Anonymous said...

Howdy just wanted to give you a quick heads up.
The words in your article seem to be running off
the screen in Opera. I'm not sure if this is a formatting issue or something to do with internet browser compatibility but I thought I'd
post to let you know. The design look great though! Hope you get
the issue fixed soon. Kudos

Review my blog post :: great point