Thursday, January 08, 2009

PROFILE OF A NUCLEAR AGE PSYCHE

I am no longer a prodigal son
engaged in a religious protest
against Iron Age Scriptural dogma
or welded fast to self determination
and ideological argument
I no longer shun Mother Earth’s bestial breast
for I am not ashamed of my primitive past
I revere my evolutionary heritage
I am no longer blinded by my pseudo-intellectual brilliance
or totally reliant on my technological support
I have learned how to consciously access
the instincts of the ape
the stealth of the hunter
the green touch of the farmer
the journeyman’s eye of the craftsman
and thus the full import of one hundred thousand generations
of ancestral disciplines and genetic imprint
are now at my conscious command
Though I respect the logic of science
I am no longer cynical of supernatural claims
that underlie physical reality
I am spiritually alive
to the intuition of the animist
the magic of the shaman
and the devotion of the religious martyr

I gamble no more
with the stored bank of my prehistoric heritage
I am no longer divorced from God
or barred from Heavenly contact
With my feet rooted in Earth
Heaven hallows my head
I am no longer a lost soul
floating between two States of Being
My social life is anchored in family values
and community service
My baronial home is reestablished
My ancestors are revered
My commitments to extended family are honored
My surname is relevant again
I no longer stand by and do nothing
while governments engage in the suicidal dare
to play Russian roulette with nuclear guns
I breathe the air with reverence
and do not take for granted the warmth of our Sun
I am a Nuclear Age man
I live my life in the 21st Century
amidst a global population
of like-minded stewards
and strive like them to glorify our planet
I am aware that all my ambitions
all my hopes and dreams
and the training I have received to realize them
are dependent on the goodwill of all
My full identity has been recovered in transformation
I am a no longer just a technocrat nor a spiritless man
I uphold our Ancestral Commandments
I love only One God
with all my Heart and all My Mind
I bow to no craven Image
I do not call on God for my own benefit alone
I remember each day and keep it Holy
I honor my father and my mother
I do not kill and eat without reverence
I do not commit adultery
I do not steal
I do not bear false witness against my neighbor
I do not covet my neighbor’s wealth
I uphold New Age Commandments
I do no business that profits me at the expense of another
I do not accumulate excessive private wealth
I do not despoil the environment
I honor my marriage vows
I uphold family values
I educate my own children
and teach them to be of service to others
I see mankind in service to God
and to our planet
and to each other
with no one exalted higher than another
I see no owners
only custodians
My word is my bond
I place my trust in the integrity of my fellow men
who observe the same values that I do
I am a Global Steward and devoted parent
in training to become a Master
and a Sage
in Ages yet to come

No comments: