Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Racism, Bigotry, Enlightenment

I was removed from the teat
two years before i was properly weaned
by the arrival of a new sibling

this was the middle of WWII
baby formula was both scarce and expensive
my mother
born in the Transkei
and raised among the Pondo people
had no inhibition in hiring a Xhosa woman
as my wet nurse
and have her carry me around tied to her back

for the next two years during feeding times
nourished by the strong sweet milk of Mother Africa
with my immunity system made strong
the former motherly white face staring down into my eyes
was replaced by he imprint of  a motherly black face
the daily rhythm of her body and scent and sweet lullaby's
as she went about the housework
filtered into my budding consciousness

thus it was as i grew to adulthood in Apartheid South Africa
the official policy of race bigotry
indoctrinated into minds and hearts and spirits of the white population
had no effect on me
the infant imprint of black kindliness
protected my psyche from cloudiness

it propelled me as a TV producer for the SABC
into the fight for racial equality
and a subsequent ban from freedom of expression

my freedom from racism
allows me to candidly admit
that in my years of rambling around the globe
in an exile
this sense of human kindliness
extended to the Asian side of the planet
and has also allowed me to have genuine intimate relations
with any male and female born to man
regardless of the color of their skin
without any feelings of racial superiority

yesterday
in sharing my experiences on a South African dating site
not only did i make a mistake in not explaining
that the communication was with a skammer
but it also did not strike me
that there are people on my mailing list
who found it obnoxious that a white man
was willing to date a black woman
and have consequently asked to be removed from my list

racism and ethnic bigotry is pandemic
right across the planet
in Africa
Asia
and Europe
including individuals and whole cultures
who claim to be spiritually enlightened

Enlightenment is a state of unconditional acceptance
of life as it is
Existence is seen and experienced
through the eyes and body of God

God Consciousness is everywhere

the enlightened mind is not clouded
by social and or religious indoctrinations
or burdened with prejudice

a man who robs banks
is no better or worse than the banks that rob men
liars, cheats fraudsters, rapists, murderers
are no better or worse
than the societies that breed, nurture and educate them

social taboos of every nature
adultery homosexuality bisexuality polygamy incest bestiality pedophilia
are all artificially manufactured

the same face of God is seen
in a church
temple
mosque
shaman's hut
satanic circle

god and devil
heaven and hell
are two sides
of the same coin

if one were to ask me for a definition of spiritual Enlightenment
i would simply say
it is not just about how to evoke our 6th sense
to balance the negative an positive forces of the Universe
but also how to apply  Common Sense
in dealing with and guiding those forces
to desired end

most people on the planet
are so mired in social taboos
and ruled by Scripted dogma
they have forgotten how to access both

there may be other people on my list
who do not appreciate my free approach
to all things in existence
but are too polite to say so

thus i will no longer mass email my take
on what common sense  sounds like
i will simply pass on the jokes and pictures
and commentaries that others pass on to me

those who remain interested
in my celebration of common sense
will find this post
and others like it
on my blog
Common Sense Revisited

No comments: